The Chart of the Day belongs to the Tex-Mex restaurant chain Chuy’s (CHUY). I found the stock by using Barchart’s powerful screening functions to find stocks with the highest technical buy signals, highest Weighted Alpha, superior current momentum and having a Trend Seeker buy signal then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Seeker signaled a buy on 1/10 the stock gained 3.81%
Chuy’s Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, owns and operates full-service restaurants under the Chuy’s name in the United States. It operates 105 restaurants in 16 states, including the Southeastern and Midwestern United States. The company was founded in 1982 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Barchart’s Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 45.61+Weighted Alpha
- 35.48% gain in the last year
- Trend Seeker buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 16.64% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 59.21%
- Recently traded at $33.30 with 50 day moving average of $31.15
- Market Cap $ 607 million
- P/E 23.36
- Revenue expected to grow by 6.20% this year and another 8.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to decrease 31.20% this year, but increase again next year by 12.30% and continue to increase at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
Analysts and Investor Sentiment — I don’t buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it’s hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts have 4 strong buy and 4 hold opinions in place on this stock
- Analysts have price targets from $28 to $38 (wide range) with an average of $32.50 (about where it is today)
- The individual investors Following the stock on Motley Fool voted 98 to 12 for the stock to beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 17 to 5 for the same result
- Value Line gives it a 3 performance rating putting it in the top 6% of stocks covered
- CFRA’s MarketScope give it a Buy rating
- 3,690 investors monitor the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in the next 72 hours.
Chart Of The Day: Chuy’s – Try A Little Tex-Mex: The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stocks are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
On the date of publication, Jim Van Meerten did not have (either directly or indirectly) positions in any of the securities mentioned in this article. All information and data in this article is solely for informational purposes. For more information please view the Barchart Disclosure Policy here.