Frosted Tips: The Ultimate Guide to Achieving This Iconic Hairstyle
If you’re a child of the 90s, chances are you remember the frosted tips hairstyle. This iconic look, made famous by celebrities such as Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling, has made a comeback in recent years. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll show you how to achieve frosted, the products you’ll need, and how to maintain this style.
What are Frosted Tips?
Frosted tips, also known as “frosting,” is a hairstyle where the of the hair are lightened to create a contrast with the rest of the hair. This look became popular in the 90s and early 2000s, but has recently regained popularity with younger generations.
How to Achieve Frosted Tips
Achieving frosted tips is a relatively simple process, but it’s important to have the right tools and products. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose your hair dye: To achieve frosted tips, you’ll need to bleach the of your hair. Choose a hair dye that is specifically designed for bleaching and follow the instructions carefully.
- Protect your skin: Bleaching your hair can be a messy process, so it’s important to protect your skin from any irritation or staining. Apply petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizer around your hairline and on your ears to protect them.
- Apply the hair dye: Follow the instructions on the hair dye to apply it to the tips of your hair. Make sure to avoid getting the dye on the rest of your hair.
- Wait: The length of time you need to wait for the hair dye to take will depend on the instructions. Follow them carefully to avoid over-bleaching your hair.
- Rinse: Once the time is up, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water. Be sure to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy.
Products You’ll Need Frosted tips
To achieve frosted tips, you’ll need a few essential products. Here are some of the products you should consider purchasing:
- Hair bleach: Choose a hair bleach that is specifically designed for bleaching hair. Look for a product that is gentle on hair, but effective at lightening the tips.
- Toner: After bleaching your hair, you may need to use a toner to eliminate any yellow or brassy tones. Look for a toner that is specifically designed for bleached hair.
- Petroleum jelly: Use petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizer to protect your skin from any irritation or staining from the hair dye.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy and nourished.
Maintaining Your Frosted Tips
Once you’ve achieved frosted tips, it’s important to maintain this style to keep it looking fresh. Here are some for maintaining your frosted:
- Use a color-safe shampoo and conditioner: To keep your hair healthy and prevent any fading, use a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically designed for color-treated hair.
- Avoid heat styling: Heat styling tools, such as flat irons and curling irons, can cause damage to your hair and make your frosted look dull. Avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible.
- Schedule regular haircuts: Regular haircuts will help to keep your frosted tips looking fresh and prevent any split ends.
- Use a hair mask: To keep your hair healthy and nourished, use a hair mask once a week. Look for a hair mask that is specifically designed for color-treated hair.
In conclusion, achieving frosted tips is a relatively simple process that can be done at home with the right tools and products. Follow the steps above to